Sunday, October 13, 2013

BH Cosmetics Review

Yay! Two posts in one day! This one is a review on the BH Cosmetics 120 Color eye palette, and this one is the third edition. I bought this from a Hautelook sale for $15, and its usually around $30, so I got it for half off which is a great deal. This is my first BH Cosmetics product, and I can truly say that I'm impressed. The colors had a pretty good payoff, and most of them had great pigmentation. While some of them left something to be desired, I think most of them were great, and for $15, I really can't complain.
One of this things that I love about this palette is that your always finding something that you didn't know was there before. Even after having it for a few weeks, looking at the colors to get swatches,  I found some really interesting colors that I didn't even notice were there before, and that being said, you can always come up with a different makeup look.
I really like that this has a variety of fun colors for makeup for halloween, and dark colors for smokey eyes, as well as neutrals for everyday wear. If this was the only palette that you had for your entire life, I don't think that you would be held back one bit on the possibilities of the looks you can create, and for $15, who cares if one shadow is a dud. It's not really putting you out.
I found that these shadows have great staying power, and were even on after gym class, and playing a strenuous game of ultimate frisbee! I noticed zero creasing whatsoever and my shadows looked great all day.
All and all I would give this a 4.5 out of 5 because there are a few dud shadows, but most of them are AMAZING and I would highly recommend this product to any beginner makeup artist.


This is the top part

And the bottom


A few swatches from the bottom

A few from the top


Thanks for checking out my blog! What would you like to see reviewed next? Leave it in the comments and I'll be sure to get to it!

1 comment:

  1. The palette looks amazing..so many pretty colours to choose from! I also loved your Halloween tutorial, you looked gorgeous xx I also dropped by to say that I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award because I think your blog is absolutely wonderful
    Much Love
    bohobun.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog! You guys mean the world to me! I will try to reply to each and every comment!

xx